TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - The short of it.
People Seeking Info

Subject The short of it.

Posted by Joe@ZSpeed (Spddracer) on February 24, 2011 at 8:01 PM
  This message has been viewed 512 times.

In Reply To I wondered why the pivot ball was so much shorter posted by collegeboy on February 24, 2011 at 07:42 PM

Message When the 350Z came outin 2003 they had terrible grinding issues in the trans and were replacing transmissions under warranty left and right. Sound familiar?

The original 2003 350Z clutch fork resembled the stock z32 fork a lot, Stamped steel.

One day it dawned on me why all the new trans were coming with this heavy ass cast iron clutch fork. The reason was the new clutches in the 350Z's were having the same problem we have with ours, the fork bends/flexes before the clutch releases all the way, This was killing the 350Z trans quickly. Then it hit me the reason they changed the fork to this new cast iron fork.

I tested the stock Z32 fork to confirm my suspicions and found out how bad it actually was.

So I pulled the trans in my car, Set everything up so it sits in the exact spot the original did, Measured everything before and after, Clutch release was SOO much better I had to adjust my pedal down in my car about an inch to get it back where it was with the stock fork.

Put in a few locals cars and a few members on here to test it out. Some members requested chromoly pivots so I had them made to go along with the fork kits to please the masses.

www.Zspeedperformance.com

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.